Thursday, April 12, 2012

Total Upheaval

Our house is utter chaos right now.  The painting is finished and the floors got started on Tuesday. At the onset of this journey I was excited about the things that would happen in our house, but today it took its toll on me. I am so tired of everything not being where it is supposed to be and everything was at a standstill today.

It seems with every step we take, we find a step that our original builder took a short cut on or didn't give great attention to. This time it was our slab. When they pulled up the carpet and smashed out the tile they found a very uneven foundation.  Needless to say it wasn't going to work with hardwood floors. Twenty-four bags of leveling material later our foundation is smooth.  The workers left yesterday and I anticipated the installation of the floors today and started making plans to get our house back together.

The workers arrived this morning to find that all there work yesterday was not dry enough to install the new floors on. See you tomorrow was all I got today.  I was devastated!  One more day of chaos!

In all of this I am finding that I am somewhat of a control freak.  I really didn't think I was until the remodeling process began. I confirmed that today.  Well this control freak took matters into her own hands.  I am going to make sure the floors are dry enough to install floors tomorrow. I have four fans running in the main part of my house and I am sure my electric meter on the side of the house is going crazy, but I don't care as long as I get what I want tomorrow.


As I think about all the short cuts we have found, I am grateful my God didn't take short cuts.  His plan was perfectly implemented.  I know without a doubt there is a reason for everything we go through.  Even silly things like an uneven floor and material that didn't dry.  It may not be recognizable to me right now, but God will show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment